The Downs consists of Clifton Down and Durdham Down, bordering the Clifton Village, Clifton and Redland areas of Bristol. Together they represent a huge area of protected parkland right on the edge of the city within walking distance of other major attractions such as the Clifton Susupension Bridge, giving the impression of being surrounded by countryside.
The Downs League
The Downs are home to many major events, charity runs, circuses, funfairs and sponsored abseiling events, as well as being a relaxing environment for families to play and couples to stroll. It is also home to the The Downs League – a thriving amateur football league with many pitches. To find out more, or to book a pitch, please call The Downs League directly.
You may also like
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - The Downs has many level areas and is crisscrossed with many footpaths.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe at Stoke Road, refreshments units, ice-cream vans - burger vans.
- Picnic Site - Many natural areas for Picnic but no bbqs
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Dog Friendly
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Parking (free) - Free parking on roads around the Downs
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Small groups led by Bristol Zoo Educational Officer.