Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
You may also like
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good42
- Afriend125Eastbourne, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent and informativeMonday, 10th June 2019I chose this walking tour for the sixth reunion of a group of friends who I met on a holiday in China several years ago. I have never visited Bristol before and wanted a tour that was a fun... Read full review
- Adrienne FLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDefinitely recommend!Wednesday, 12th June 2019A great tour by the lovely Luke, both informative and funny. It made us fall in love with Bristol and already thinking about our next trip! We learnt so much yet never felt overloaded with... Read full review
- darrencornishTrip Type:FamilyCity TourSunday, 16th June 2019This was the second time in 3 months we did this tour as had family over from USA. A great way to spend a couple of hours. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.