Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The route is;
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good36
- joe hTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat tourMonday, 18th February 2019So this was a cool little tour experience. Not sure at first what to expect but a nice history lesson with an arty mash-up. Great host and a nice group too. Bristol has a rich history and this is a... Read full review
- FeezySurreySurreyTrip Type:CouplesExcellentTuesday, 19th February 2019Great value for money , informative and fun. Would be suitable for all ages. Really variety on the tour .. over 60 on the tour but guide managed well. Read full review
- cb1664Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat, informative tour but needs a bit more fun to engage the children.Tuesday, 19th February 2019We loved the tour. We've lived in Bristol for 20 years and most of the tour was still new for us and we learnt a lot. I loved the range of artworks, the children loved the echoing buildings. The... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.