Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The route is;
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good31
- kathWatfordWatfordTrip Type:CouplesEntertaining way to explore the citySaturday, 18th August 2018This tour visits some areas of Bristol that we would not have discovered on our day trip , and the guide , Duncan, made the tour interesting with history , anecdotes , and information about the... Read full review
- Stephen WTrip Type:CouplesExcellent Walking TourThursday, 16th August 2018Our tour was conducted by Duncan, a local artist, who was very knowledgeable on Bristol and particularly the street art .. which is a key feature of the tour and indeed any visit to Bristol. He also... Read full review
- Ali BNeathTrip Type:Friends getawayWould definitely recommendMonday, 13th August 2018Visited Bristol for 48 hours with a friend & did the tour on Saturday 4 Aug. Duncan was very informative and made the stroll around the city really interesting. Saw areas within the city centre we... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.