Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
You may also like
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good40
- NorthStar67965385921Bovey Tracey, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBristol walking tourTuesday, 16th April 2019A very humorous guide with lots of personal additions to his talk. Content was varied and enjoyable. Banksy and Blackbeard were the themes and well referenced throughout. An excellent introduction to... Read full review
- Devon99Paignton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent walking tourTuesday, 16th April 2019Luke looked after us all for a excellent 2 hour walk. It was much better than I had hoped for. We all really enjoyed it including my 15 year old daughter. We were showed loads of places and street... Read full review
- LenaPoeTrip Type:FamilyNice midday tourTuesday, 16th April 2019Thanks for the lovely tour. We learned a lot about Bristol. And even though the guide only replaced the normal tour guide, he did really really well! Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.