Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The route is;
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good36
- Roux86Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent tourTuesday, 18th September 2018Great tour covering much of the city centre showcasing Bristol's history right up to modern day. As a local with a visiting friend I've added lots to my 'must visit' list. Great to have such a... Read full review
- Cary MLexington, South CarolinaTrip Type:Solo travelGreat Tour!Friday, 21st September 2018The tour was great and very informative about the history of Blackbeard and a lot of the street art in Bristol. Our guide Luke was engaging and funny. Read full review
- Natalya SChicago, IllinoisTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat intro tour to BristolTuesday, 25th September 2018Thanks to Luke, we got a good foundation on Bristol's history and some stories about what makes this city special. He kept things lively and fun. This was the only structured part of our weekend - we... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.