Embark on a fascinating journey; dive in and discover the wonders of the deep in Bristol’s colourful aquarium, right in the heart of the city. Explore more than 40 naturally-themed displays and spot the thousands of amazing aquatic creatures, including rays, seahorses, puffer fish, piranhas, and so many more.
Bristol Aquarium transports you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari. Wander through the Underwater Tunnel to watch fascinating marine life swim over your head.
Home to a mix of tropical fish from around the world, as well as many that are native to the UK’s waters all in naturally-themed habitats, designed to inspire a deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Bristol Aquarium is the only aquarium in the UK to feature a giant botanical house, teeming with hundreds of exotic plant and tree species from around the world – there are even bananas growing in this urban jungle!
Every ticket lets you enjoy unlimited entry all day, with access to daily talks and seasonal events too!
Open everyday except Christmas Day from 10am.
You may also like
- Bristol Aquarium Video
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good461
- CharlottelhughesTrip Type:CouplesGood day activitySunday, 19th January 2020Was pleasantly surprised when we visited the aquarium as there was much more to see than I thought there would be. It was nice to be able to see the tanks from lots of different perspectives. Would... Read full review
- BecciTBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySweet aquarium but very expensiveWednesday, 22nd January 2020Sweet little aquarium on Bristol Harbourside. It has various sea life from colourful fish to an octopus. Learning centre and animal feeding demonstrations (we learned some interesting facts re... Read full review
- magdalenamokrogulskaCarmarthen, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect local alternative to exotic trip away 😁Sunday, 26th January 2020I love Bristol aquarium, it's perfect alternative to exotic trip away for me as extremely relaxing and complete different 😍 the large fish tanks which you walk alongside and above are immersive and... Read full review