Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases tropical, marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore the deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
Coral seas display
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
You may also like
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good457
- abiwinterSwindon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOnly an hour worth of entertainmentSunday, 13th October 2019We visited today with our 14 month old and while he had a lovely time looking at the fish on show and charging around, very toddler friendly space, within an hour we had completed the full aquarium... Read full review
- BristolLadiesBristolTrip Type:Family£4.20 for a scone - thought it was a joke!Sunday, 13th October 2019Aquarium is good for an hour but quite expensive. The cafe is way over priced, £4.20 for a cream tea without the tea!! The scone was dry, old & past its best - no excuse in the middle of a city for... Read full review
- LorimerJulesEllon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBristol AquariumFriday, 18th October 2019Great aquarium, packed with plenty to see. Staff we met were all friendly and helpful. Let down by the over tired entrance, shop and cafe which all require investment to freshen up and modernise... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year