Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases tropical, marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore The Deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good430
- TinekevBAmstelveen, The NetherlandsTrip Type:CouplesBig aquarium and tropical gardenSaturday, 22nd September 2018Good for a 1 1/2 to 2 hour visit, with or without kids. They have a lot of tanks with fish and other sea life, with good explanation cards next to them. The path through also leads outside. Here you... Read full review
- woolfbethBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHmmmSaturday, 22nd September 2018Was expecting better to be honest very pricey for what there is on offer , no octopus which my daughter was quite upset about. Dirty tanks & the same tank the whole way round the building? It was... Read full review
- michaelmccarthy16Clevedon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFrogs Class Trip To Bristol Aquarium!Wednesday, 26th September 2018Today in Frogs we went on an adventure to Bristol Aquarium. We took the coach from our school and set off. When we arrived we were greeted by kind and friendly staff who organised us swiftly ready... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year