Embark on a fascinating journey; dive in and discover the wonders of the deep in Bristol’s colourful aquarium, right in the heart of the city. Open daily, explore more than 40 naturally-themed displays and spot the thousands of amazing aquatic creatures, including rays, seahorses, puffer fish, piranhas, and so many more.
Bristol Aquarium transports you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari. Wander through the Underwater Tunnel to watch fascinating marine life swim over your head.
Home to a mix of tropical fish from around the world, as well as many that are native to the UK’s waters all in naturally-themed habitats, designed to inspire a deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Bristol Aquarium is the only aquarium in the UK to feature a giant botanical house, teeming with hundreds of exotic plant and tree species from around the world – there are even bananas growing in this urban jungle!
Every ticket lets you enjoy unlimited entry all day, with access to daily talks and seasonal events too!
Open everyday except Christmas Day from 10am.
Visitor safety amid coronavirus
Together we can ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to Bristol Aquarium. Visitors can head on an underwater safari safely with the new one-way system, social distancing measures and additional hygiene facilities throughout.
To ensure the safety of visitors and staff, it is essential that visitors read and fully understand the visitor charter before visiting, this outlines site rules and how Bristol Aquarium are operating safely. For full safety details and to read the visitor charter please see here.
You may also like
- Bristol Aquarium Video
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good475
- Laura CTrip Type:CouplesEnjoyable timeSunday, 1st November 2020Had a great time, can do it in an hour, lots of interesting exhibits and they make good use of the space Read full review
- mablainLondonA great activityTuesday, 3rd November 2020The Bristol Aquarium is a fantastic activity in the centre of town. Right on the quayside, this is an extensive facility with room after room of tanks with every type of marine and jungle life... Read full review
- Fiona PGibraltarGreat aquariumThursday, 5th November 2020Great way to spend a couple of hours. Wide variety of sea creatures. Lots of information and useful displays. Read full review