Embark on a fascinating journey; dive in and discover the wonders of the deep in Bristol’s colourful aquarium, right in the heart of the city. Open daily, explore more than 40 naturally-themed displays and spot the thousands of amazing aquatic creatures, including rays, seahorses, puffer fish, piranhas, and so many more.
Bristol Aquarium transports you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari. Wander through the Underwater Tunnel to watch fascinating marine life swim over your head.
Home to a mix of tropical fish from around the world, as well as many that are native to the UK’s waters all in naturally-themed habitats, designed to inspire a deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Bristol Aquarium is the only aquarium in the UK to feature a giant botanical house, teeming with hundreds of exotic plant and tree species from around the world – there are even bananas growing in this urban jungle!
Every ticket lets you enjoy unlimited entry all day, with access to daily talks and seasonal events too!
Bristol Aquarium is committed to providing maximum accessibility for all customers to enjoy all of the displays on offer.
- The aquarium has ramps throughout and multi-level viewing.
- A hearing loop is in operation at the entrance of the Aquarium, as well as some parts of the displays area.
- They offer free entry for the registered carer of a disabled visitor. If you bring along proof of carer status (e.g. Carer’s Allowance, Carer Card, letter from GP outlining the need for a registered carer). Visitors with disabilities will need to purchase the ticket suitable for them (Standard, Junior or Concession).
- Access is available to the whole aquarium for service dogs, wheelchairs and mobility scooters
For more information, View the full accessibility guide on AccessAble
You may also like
- Bristol Aquarium Video
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm (last entry 3pm)
Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 5pm (last entry 4pm)
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good508
- TravelllingGirlNewport, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing!Tuesday, 14th November 2023Amazing. I have been to nearly every aquarium in the Uk. This would make the top 5. Staff very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Some increadible species. The aquarium is laid out so well. Lots... Read full review
- N JTrip Type:FamilyIt was a good place, there is such a variety of fish there. There is everything you would expect from a aquarium. I recommend goSaturday, 25th November 2023The place is really big, there is a great gift shop where you can buy GIANT fish plushies. I bought a clownfish plush and I love him. Read full review
- 588allidHassocks, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot worth the steep entrance feeMonday, 27th November 2023Was expecting more for the very steep entrance fee of £20 each. Absolutely FULL of screaming children but that was our bad for visiting on a weekend 🙄 Needs better exhibits and better information Read full review