Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases tropical, marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore the deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
Coral seas display
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
You may also like
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good452
- maxibeezCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAgree with other reviews-appallingSaturday, 17th August 2019Such a waste of £55 for 2 adults and 2 very disappointed kids. We were in and out in 25 mins and we were dragging the time out staring at each underwhelming tank for a good 30 seconds or so on each... Read full review
- rockangelrosiePontypool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyInteresting but...Sunday, 18th August 2019We visited for the first time, as a family of 7 adults, a child of 11 and a 1 year old. Firstly, be prepared before travelling by car. The aquarium doesn't have a car park so familiarise yourself... Read full review
- Collins1993Fareham, United KingdomJust Keep Swimming........Monday, 19th August 2019Came here one afternoon with my wife and she really wanted to see the octopus that they have. The fish on offer and the range is very good, but for what you pay, you are in and out very quickly... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year