Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases tropical, marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore The Deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good434
- helenwX863FJCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA littke disappointedSunday, 3rd February 2019First time here, aquarium was clean, only time we saw staff is when we walked in! Children under 3 are free to go in adult prices were 15 pound each, which I thought was a little pricey considering... Read full review
- Jim HTrip Type:Friends getawayThe electric eel needs more space!!!Tuesday, 12th February 2019Rather depressing and generally poor value for money. You don’t need longer than 45 minutes. The main tank is quite nice, but all else isn’t great. The electric eel was very sad to see as he/she... Read full review
- H007 ELondonTrip Type:FamilyOur little one definitely enjoyed the tripSunday, 17th February 2019We went at 3pm on a Sunday. Most of the performances were finished. Suggest if you want to have the most of your visit, get a programme timetable online or ring them in advance and find out. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year