Jekka’s is a family run herb farm on the outskirts of Bristol with over 30 years’ experience in growing and using medicinal and culinary herb plants and seeds.
Jekka is internationally known for her beautiful exhibits of organic herbs at the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Chelsea Flower Show. She was christened ‘Queen of Herbs’ by Jamie Oliver and has a number of accolades including being an RHS Vice President as well as achieving their top recognition, the Victoria Medal of Honour. Jekka is also a best-selling author of 6 books including Jekka’s Complete Herb Book that has sold well over 1 million copies world-wide.
At Jekka’s they believe in cultivating flavour and aim to educate and inspire gardeners and cooks of all ages. Jekka’s offer a variety of herb experiences from Open Days and Private Tours to Master Classes and Corporate Days. Their herb experiences are based around Jekka's Herbetum, a living encyclopedia of over 400 culinary herbs which are displayed at their farm in raised beds. Jekka's Herbetum has been created to inspire today's visitor and to ensure that the history, and culinary and medicinal usage of herbs are not lost for future generations. This is represented on their website in Jekkapedia; an ever growing encyclopedia of over 400 culinary and medicinal herbs.
Jekka’s herb experiences are a wonderful opportunity for visitors to learn about herbs and leave with a new understanding and passion for herbs as well as herb plants ready for the garden. Their herb experiences include:
• Master classes: Designed to suit all levels of experience covering topics from horticulture to art and food.
• Corporate days: A unique space to host a team strategy event or a tailored corporate master class for businesses and their clients.
• Private tours: A personalised guided tour of Jekka’s Herbetum and an insight into their unique range of herbs.
• Open days: Between April and September they host regular open days for you to enjoy Jekka’s Herbetum and buy plants, seeds, books and gifts.
During these days, their herb inspired cafe offers seasonal herb-based treats, homemade cakes and coffee as well as their herbal infusions.
In their farm shop you will be able to browse Jekka’s collection of beautifully screen-printed homeware and gifts comprising of mugs, placemats and tea towels which were made in collaboration with Hannah McVicar, who has produced designs inspired by Jekka’s Herbetum. Alongside their gifts, Jekka's have a unique range of Herbal Infusions that have been lovingly created based on over 30 years’ experience of growing and using culinary herbs. Their range includes Jekka's Chai known as 'Eastern Promise', plus our refreshing Mint Fiesta.
Jekka’s herb experiences, herb seeds as well as their herbal infusions and illustrated homeware and gifts are available to be purchased online via their website.
Jekka’s also offer the following services:
• Garden design: For private gardens, hotels, hospices and charities.
• Contract grow: Grown to order, their unique range of plants for garden designers and landscapers.
Jekka’s is the destination for all things herb related.
Have a look at Jekka's events page to plan your visit!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- CyclebagChipping Sodbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWELL WORTH A VISIT WHEN THERE IS AN OPEN DAY.Monday, 11th February 2019If you are into herbs then Jekka's is the place for you. When she has one of her open days it is well worth a visit, there are plenty of herbs to buy and Jekka usually has one or two talks about... Read full review
- Robert DBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA treasureMonday, 15th April 2019Jekka McVicar is a renowned herb grower and expert, and a visit to her herb farm in South Gloucestershire is not to be missed if you enjoy your food, cooking and garden - and if you can make it on... Read full review
- nannygailStratford-upon-Avon, United KingdomA paradise for gardenersThursday, 27th February 2020If you love gardening, visit on a free open gardens day. If you want a treat book yourself on one of Jekka's workshops. Jekka is the font of all knowledge where herbs are concerned. I was lucky... Read full review