The Ivy Clifton Brasserie is now open in the heart of Clifton Village, Bristol. Set in the magnificent Clifton and Hotwells Conservation Area, in the old NatWest Bank on the corner of Caledonia Place and The Mall - overlooking the Mall Gardens - the building itself is Georgian with an impressive portico entrance and vast domed, near-wall to ceiling windows. The most striking thing when inside are the unusually high ceilings, which give a true sense of space, and which are adorned by impressive brass circular chandeliers. Diamond-patterned black, tan and cream floor tiling befits the elegant surroundings; dark-wood period furniture, navy and tan leather chairs and brass fixtures and fittings complement the look and feel, masterminded by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio. An eclectic collection of prints hangs on the walls, reflecting period drawings of Bristolian architecture and its great railway heritage, the rivers Severn and Avon and port scenes, as well as some eye-catching deco images.
There are 130 covers in the restaurant, bar and orangery, as well as two private dining rooms (The Eastern and The Western) - one with 12 covers and one with 16. Eight tan leather and black iron high-backed stools skirt around the bar. Antique mirrors hang on the walls, and natural light floods in, not only from the glass-panelled walls, but also from the timber sky lanterns above.
The menus throughout the space have been created by The Ivy Collection's Chef Director, Mark Askew, and Group Executive Chef, Sean Burbridge, with help, of course, from brasserie's Head Chef, Dominik Malecki. The modern British menu is inspired by the orginal Ivy in West Street, Covent Garden and offers dishes for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks and dinner. Whether looking for a quick shepherd's pie and a glass of wine before a cinema out or post a spot of shopping, or a three-course meal, customers can be sure of finding good quality and abundant choice.
Reservations are encouraged; however some tables are held back for walk-ins, offering accessible, all-day dining in a relaxed setting. There is something on offer for everyone, for every occassion - be it an informal breakfast, weekend brunch with friends, working lunch, birthday or anniversary or formal dinner.
Bristol is certainly a hot spot for foodies. An amalgam of fine dining restaurants and vibrant, multi-cultural and exciting cafes, food vans and pop-ups abounds. The Ivy Clifton Brasserie seems to sit in the middle of these two ends of the scale, and Clifton Village is the obvious choice - encapsulating a sense of local community, elegance and history as it does.
The Ivy Clifton Brasserie has been designed to deliver the memorable experience that is synonymous with The Ivy's unique style.
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Baby changing facilities
- Al Fresco Dining - Orangerie
- Booking required - Encouraged but not required
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Private rooms - Yes, two rooms available
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good273
- mat_n038NottinghamTrip Type:CouplesLovely RestaurantSunday, 17th February 2019Had a major birthday here, wonderful food, great service, not as expensive as you may think. You must try the rum baba, one of the nicest desserts i’ve ever had! Read full review
- TAMEMBER08112018Barcelona, SpainTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely but noisySunday, 17th February 2019Great food but tables are crammed together so would not be able to have a private/ romantic conversation and it’s pretty noisy. Wouldn’t be worried about bringing my kids next time since it is so... Read full review
- katievburchTrip Type:CouplesFavourite Ivy Brasserie restaurant yet!Monday, 18th February 2019Had a fantastic breakfast here on Friday. Food was delicious, service was great and the special touches (as it was my boyfriends birthday) really made our meal something special and memorable. Can't... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 2034 555
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|