The Ivy Clifton Brasserie is now open in the heart of Clifton Village, Bristol. Set in the magnificent Clifton and Hotwells Conservation Area, in the old NatWest Bank on the corner of Caledonia Place and The Mall - overlooking the Mall Gardens - the building itself is Georgian with an impressive portico entrance and vast domed, near-wall to ceiling windows. The most striking thing when inside are the unusually high ceilings, which give a true sense of space, and which are adorned by impressive brass circular chandeliers. Diamond-patterned black, tan and cream floor tiling befits the elegant surroundings; dark-wood period furniture, navy and tan leather chairs and brass fixtures and fittings complement the look and feel, masterminded by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio. An eclectic collection of prints hangs on the walls, reflecting period drawings of Bristolian architecture and its great railway heritage, the rivers Severn and Avon and port scenes, as well as some eye-catching deco images.
There are 130 covers in the restaurant, bar and orangery, as well as two private dining rooms (The Eastern and The Western) - one with 12 covers and one with 16. Eight tan leather and black iron high-backed stools skirt around the bar. Antique mirrors hang on the walls, and natural light floods in, not only from the glass-panelled walls, but also from the timber sky lanterns above.
The menus throughout the space have been created by The Ivy Collection's Chef Director, Mark Askew, and Group Executive Chef, Sean Burbridge, with help, of course, from brasserie's Head Chef, Dominik Malecki. The modern British menu is inspired by the orginal Ivy in West Street, Covent Garden and offers dishes for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks and dinner. Whether looking for a quick shepherd's pie and a glass of wine before a cinema out or post a spot of shopping, or a three-course meal, customers can be sure of finding good quality and abundant choice.
Reservations are encouraged; however some tables are held back for walk-ins, offering accessible, all-day dining in a relaxed setting. There is something on offer for everyone, for every occassion - be it an informal breakfast, weekend brunch with friends, working lunch, birthday or anniversary or formal dinner.
Bristol is certainly a hot spot for foodies. An amalgam of fine dining restaurants and vibrant, multi-cultural and exciting cafes, food vans and pop-ups abounds. The Ivy Clifton Brasserie seems to sit in the middle of these two ends of the scale, and Clifton Village is the obvious choice - encapsulating a sense of local community, elegance and history as it does.
The Ivy Clifton Brasserie has been designed to deliver the memorable experience that is synonymous with The Ivy's unique style.
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Baby changing facilities
- Al Fresco Dining - Orangerie
- Booking required - Encouraged but not required
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Private rooms - Yes, two rooms available
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good295
- richardrG5404TBPoole, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayUniversity reunionSunday, 14th July 2019Met up with old flat mates from 40 years ago. Table of 8 but venue coped well large table (but I had booked in advance and reserved a 3 hour slot). Food good - wide choice - safe not adventurous but... Read full review
- CrummyCheshireCheshireTrip Type:FamilyGraduation MealTuesday, 16th July 2019Came here as a group of 5 for our Son’s graduation meal. The setting is very nice and although we arrived a little earlier than expected they accommodated us perfectly. We had lots of time to look... Read full review
- ARM167Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNot up to earlier standard!Tuesday, 16th July 2019We have lunched/dined here three times in the past four weeks and I am sorry to say that standards do seem to be slipping. Service has become very slow - twice we have had to wait almost an hour... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 2034 555
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|