The Ivy Clifton Brasserie
Tel: +44 (0)117 2034 555
The Ivy Clifton Brasserie will be opening their doors on Saturday 4 July, and reservations are now open. For further information around their Health & Safety measures, click here. Please check their website for regular updates.
The Ivy Clifton Brasserie is now open in the heart of Clifton Village, Bristol. Set in the magnificent Clifton and Hotwells Conservation Area, in the old NatWest Bank on the corner of Caledonia Place and The Mall - overlooking the Mall Gardens - the building itself is Georgian with an impressive portico entrance and vast domed, near-wall to ceiling windows. The most striking thing when inside are the unusually high ceilings, which give a true sense of space, and which are adorned by impressive brass circular chandeliers. Diamond-patterned black, tan and cream floor tiling befits the elegant surroundings; dark-wood period furniture, navy and tan leather chairs and brass fixtures and fittings complement the look and feel, masterminded by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio. An eclectic collection of prints hangs on the walls, reflecting period drawings of Bristolian architecture and its great railway heritage, the rivers Severn and Avon and port scenes, as well as some eye-catching deco images.
There are 130 covers in the restaurant, bar and orangery, as well as two private dining rooms (The Eastern and The Western) - one with 12 covers and one with 16. Eight tan leather and black iron high-backed stools skirt around the bar. Antique mirrors hang on the walls, and natural light floods in, not only from the glass-panelled walls, but also from the timber sky lanterns above.
The menus throughout the space have been created by The Ivy Collection's Chef Director, Mark Askew, and Group Executive Chef, Sean Burbridge, with help, of course, from brasserie's Head Chef, Dominik Malecki. The modern British menu is inspired by the orginal Ivy in West Street, Covent Garden and offers dishes for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks and dinner. Whether looking for a quick shepherd's pie and a glass of wine before a cinema out or post a spot of shopping, or a three-course meal, customers can be sure of finding good quality and abundant choice.
Reservations are encouraged; however some tables are held back for walk-ins, offering accessible, all-day dining in a relaxed setting. There is something on offer for everyone, for every occassion - be it an informal breakfast, weekend brunch with friends, working lunch, birthday or anniversary or formal dinner.
Bristol is certainly a hot spot for foodies. An amalgam of fine dining restaurants and vibrant, multi-cultural and exciting cafes, food vans and pop-ups abounds. The Ivy Clifton Brasserie seems to sit in the middle of these two ends of the scale, and Clifton Village is the obvious choice - encapsulating a sense of local community, elegance and history as it does.
The Ivy Clifton Brasserie has been designed to deliver the memorable experience that is synonymous with The Ivy's unique style.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Baby changing facilities
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Al Fresco Dining - Orangerie
- Booking required - Encouraged but not required
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Private rooms - Yes, two rooms available
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good332
- afbaileyPortishead, United KingdomFamily Brunch and Birthday!Sunday, 6th September 2020Special occasion...special brunch...special occasional...love the building characteristics...and truly professional. Impressed by Bastian our main waiter...who just enhanced the occasion....look... Read full review
- Alan KOtley, United KingdomGreat breakfastSaturday, 19th September 2020The breakfast at The Ivy is excellent; there is a wide choice, all perfectly cooked. The service is as good as any, attentive and friendly. You feel that you are eating in the most luxurious... Read full review
- FoodiequeeniePembrokeshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFriday Night DinnerSunday, 20th September 2020We visited for my best pal’s belated 40th (Lockdown mucked it up on the actual date). Anyway, what a lush place! Gorgeous venue, gorgeous area of Bristol, fantastic food and genuinely helpful and... Read full review