Arnos Vale Cemetery Trust
Tel: +44 (0)117 971 9117
The Bath Road gates are open from 9am until 4pm, every day. The Cleverchefs cafe and toilets are open from 9am - 3.30pm.
Arnos Vale is internationally recognised as one of Britain’s best examples of a Victorian garden cemetery, set in a leafy 45-acre Arcadian landscape dotted with classical buildings, historic monuments, sweeping carriage drives and leafy walks lined with wildflowers. It is a working cemetery and often described as a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity in an otherwise busy part of a bustling city.
"So beautiful, so original and so unusual that you just can’t fail to fall in love with it!" CAIO (The online guide for world travellers)
Their income has been hugely hit by the Coronavirus pandemic and they are working hard to look after this magical site for visitors, the team and all the volunteers that have helped over the years. Entry is free, however donations are welcome.
Cleverchefs are the cafe operators at Arnos Vale. Providing a beautiful range of handcrafted food for weddings as well as in the cafe and covered patio area.
If wildlife is your thing, then Arnos Vale reveals wonderful surprises throughout the year; flowers, fauna, trees, creatures and critters. Not simply an important site for biodiversity, it is also a vital steppingstone in Bristol’s wildlife corridors, connecting wildlife separated by roads and buildings. In the woodland areas you will find primroses, wild garlic, lady’s smock, goldilocks buttercup and many other plants, including some rare national species such as ivy broomrape. Horse chestnut trees, oak, Irish yews, Austrian pines, Western red cedar, Chilean pine, Himalayan cedar, English yews, weeping ash and shrubs such as cherry laurel, Japanese spindle and box. With ever-changing scenery and landscape there is always something new to discover.
More than 600 British and Allied soldiers, sailors and airmen from both World Wars and older conflicts are remembered at Arnos Vale Cemetery, including three recipients of Britain’s highest award for valour, the Victoria Cross, and veterans who survived the battles of Trafalgar and Waterloo. You can find out more on the Arnos Vale website
The two Grade II* Listed buildings are ideal for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Anglican Chapel is available for Anglican Ceremonies and the Spielman Centre is registered for Civil Partnerships and Ceremonies. Arnos Vale even offer woodland weddings in the Underwood Centre where you can have an unusual and laid-back wedding ceremony and celebration in the heart of the site. With their on-site catering company, they can cater for any wedding reception from a simple ceremony to sumptuous banquets. Either historic venue can be arranged for receptions, parties and celebrations making Arnos Vale an all-inclusive venue.
The venues are currently available for weddings, meetings, funerals or celebrations of life.
For up to date opening times and to catch up with their latest news go to their website, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - limited
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good144
- Aaron_huestonTrip Type:CouplesNot goodThursday, 17th June 2021It's so frustrating when you go some where like this and ask for something simple like egg on toast and you are told “no it's not on the menu“ You can order dishes with eggs on them, and you can... Read full review
- Arthur OGloucester, United KingdomA different and great place to attend a weddingMonday, 6th September 2021Great if the weather is good but it could be very difficult if it rained - the grounds are quite extensive and you need to walk between buildings and areas for different aspects of the wedding... Read full review
- djcahill2020Hreat place to let children run freeThursday, 23rd September 2021I been here several times over the summer. It is a cemtery but it is peaceful and calm, and inaddition quite a lot of history to be found in the gravestones Read full review