Blaise Castle House Museum and Estate
Tel: +44 (0)117 903 9818
Blaise Castle House Museum and Estate is temporarily closed.
Blaise Castle House Museum and Estate features a 19th century mansion, set in 400 acres of parkland, and is home to the social history collection. Discover everyday objects from centuries past, including Victorian toilets and baths, kitchen and laundry equipment, model trains, dolls, toys and period costume in the museum.
You can also explore the parkland and woodlands, as well as enjoying the cafe whilst the kids head off to the children’s adventure playground.
Virtual Tour via Google Expeditions
You can use Google Expeditions to access Bristol Museums' wider collection. Once downloaded, search for ‘Blaise Castle House Museum’ to find the virtual tours. Click here to find more.
The folly castle, as featured in Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, is opened by volunteers on some summer Sundays. Just look out for the flag flying on top of the castle and enjoy panoramic views of the area from the castle roof.
The Picture Room
The magnificent Picture Room at Blaise Castle House Museum and Estate is hung with paintings from the museum's collections and is licensed for civil ceremonies.
You may also like
|Open (1 Apr 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Blaise Castle House Museum and Estate is temporarily closed.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit England Code of Practice 2011
- Gift Shop
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe located in the grounds of the estate, not the museum
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Licenced for civil marriages - Ceremonies only
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Wedding Venue
- Free Entry
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - By appointment only
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good80
- bristol777A messWednesday, 23rd October 2019At the front of the Museum there is always broken bottles and drug canisters and rubbish strewn about by the local low life,no one inside ever bothers to thinking about their doorstop mess--Its a... Read full review
- powdiesBristol, United KingdomEverything for a day outTuesday, 5th November 2019This location has a bit of everything: sweeping grassy areas to play on, a children's playground, wooded walks, and a grand old house containing a very interesting museum. Even a folly, if you can... Read full review
- HGCukBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect for dogsFriday, 7th February 2020Love this place. We walk here wit me the dog and run too. There are LOADS of dog walkers. Like loads. Great in the summer for picnics and winter it’s just nice to get away from the city. Beautiful... Read full review