Bristol Ferry Boats are now open to visitors, subject to Government restrictions. This will include adjusted running times and reduced capacity. Please check their website and social media feeds for details of how to book.
Bristol Ferry have been proudly serving Bristol’s waterways since 1977. Their iconic yellow and blue boats have been brightening up the Harbour and showcasing Bristol’s wealth of history and maritime heritage to locals and visitors alike. They are a not-for-profit business, well known for their friendly crew and relaxing rides.
Currently they offer COVID-Compliant tours from the City Centre – leaving every 45 minutes from 11am. All daily travel updates can be found on their website.
The ferries are offering protection from COVID-19 through enhanced cleaning, reduced capacity, contactless payments upon boarding and mandatory face coverings, up until Step 4 of the Government Roadmap.
Trips & Events
Bristol Ferry offer a range of events which can be booked through their website.
• Cocktail Cruises
Most Thursdays you can book for a two-hour trip with two inclusive drinks, choose from either their Gin or Rum Cruises. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery as our crew help to quench a thirsty Thursday.
• Trips to Beese’s
Beese’s is a charming riverside venue with a beautiful garden, just tucked away along the leafy Conham River Park. Bristol Ferry offer frequent trips there and back on their midweek Cream Tea Cruises, Friday night Band at Beeses (one-way) and their Sunday Shuttle Service.
• Gorge Trips (under the Clifton Suspension Bridge)
The ferry can make a rare trip down the Avon Gorge via the Clifton Suspension Bridge if the tide allows – taking passengers through the historic lock gates and down towards the village of Pill – where their first boat used to serve as a cross harbour ferry. Make a short journey with their Brunel’s Bristol Gorge Trip or have a longer experience with their Classic Avon Gorge Trips.
Private Hire & Boat Parties
All of their boats are available for Private Hire – most weekends you can see groups on board having the night of their lives – cruising around the docks and visiting riverside venues along the way.
During Step 3 of the Government Roadmap they are offering reduced cost private hire for groups of up to 6. Check their website for more details.
The price of each boat and duration differs and is advised you call their friendly bookings team on 0117 927 3416 – they are always happy to check what is available and tailor the experience to you and your group. Always have alternative dates in mind and ask for the price per person!
The boats are also all available to hire for private trips from educational tours, corporate events, birthdays, weddings, hen dos, river cruises, vintage tea parties, bucks fizz breakfasts, transfers and of course the classic boat party.
You may also like
- Ferry Boats - Heading Home Video
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Ferry runs every day except Christmas Day. Check the website for timetables.
Special boat trips on selected days only.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Attraction of the Year Winner 2013 2014
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Toilets - On all covered Boats, not on open Boats
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre - Based in the historic Harbour area.
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Booking essential
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good365
- CarolineWRU.K.Brilliant serviceMonday, 10th February 2020What an asset this service is to Bristol! And it was running first weekend in February - brilliant. Boats comfortable and staff pleasant and helpful. If you're feeling energetic, take a boat to... Read full review
- idcusQuick tripFriday, 10th April 2020Seemed a little expensice, but worth the trip to see some of Bristol from the water and to get us from one place to another Read full review
- Hwaddell2012Haslemere, United KingdomWater view of Bristol with excellent information provided by the captainThursday, 3rd June 2021This was an excellent way to see the transition that has occurred in the harbour over the years and to appreciate the history of the area, well narrated by the captain. Very safe in spacing on the... Read full review