Bristol Ferry have been proudly serving Bristol’s waterways since 1977. Their iconic yellow and blue boats have been brightening up the Harbour and showcasing Bristol’s wealth of history and maritime heritage to locals and visitors alike. They are a not-for-profit business, well known for their friendly crew and relaxing rides.
Currently they offer a waterbus service from the City Centre – leaving every 45 minutes from 10am. All daily travel updates can be found on their website.
Single fares are available for those wishing to get from A to B, or a stay-on-board fare for those wanting to sit back and see the entire Harbour on a round-trip.
Trips & Events
Bristol Ferry offer a range of events which can be booked through their website.
• Gin Cruises
Enjoy a two-hour trip with two inclusive drinks. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery as our crew help to quench a thirsty Thursday. Find out more
• Trips to Beese’s
Beese’s is a charming riverside venue with a beautiful garden, just tucked away along the leafy Conham River Park. Bristol Ferry offer frequent trips there and back on their midweek Cream Tea Cruises, Friday night Band at Beeses (one-way) and their Sunday Shuttle Service. Find out more
Private Hire & Boat Parties
All of their boats are available for Private Hire – most weekends you can see groups on board having the night of their lives – cruising around the docks and visiting riverside venues along the way.
The price of each boat and duration differs and is advised you call their friendly bookings team on 0117 927 3416 – they are always happy to check what is available and tailor the experience to you and your group. Always have alternative dates in mind and ask for the price per person!
The boats are also all available to hire for private trips from educational tours, corporate events, birthdays, weddings, hen dos, river cruises, vintage tea parties, bucks fizz breakfasts, transfers and of course the classic boat party.
Step Free Standard Toilet, Seats Available.
None of the ferry stops will be able to guarantee level access. The harbour level changes by about 20cm over a period of a week or more. The crews of all the boats are able to offer assistance. Wheelchair users boarding Brigantia can use the platform lift. It is of limited size so it may not be possible to accommodate larger chairs and scooters and heavy electric chairs.
You may also like
- Ferry Boats - Heading Home Video
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Please note that Bristol Ferry are operating with a reduced winter timetable, starting at 10:40 and finishing at 16:20. They are only operating during weekends and Bristol school holidays throughout November and December 2023. In January Bristol Ferry Boats will not be operating a service, they will be re-opening in February for weekends and School Holidays until Easter.
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Attraction of the Year Winner 2013 2014
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Toilets - On all covered Boats, not on open Boats
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre - Based in the historic Harbour area.
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Booking essential
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good368
- paul eHarbourWednesday, 13th September 2023first time in bristol and wanted to explore the waterways. This was a fantastic way of doing so right after a pub lunch. Read full review
- jeremyhM1358TOBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAn Enjoyable Trip Round Bristol Harbour.Saturday, 28th October 2023Caught the local bus into Bristol and decided to walk along the harbour side. Decided to do the 40 minute trip around the harbour (11.00 hours from Broad Quay - Cascade Steps on Matilda). £8 each... Read full review
- 661099 .Kent, United KingdomA good way to see the city by water.Tuesday, 21st November 2023A good way to see the waterways of Bristol. Travelled from the SS Great Britain to City Park all for £6. I did not realise that Bristol was such a scenic buzzy place. Read full review