Bristol Ferry Boats provide a scheduled waterbus service around Bristol’s unique Floating Harbour 364 days of the year come rain or shine and have done for 40 years. Visitors and locals alike can hop on and off their boats at any of their 17 stops.
Arriving by train at Temple Meads station? Hop on a ferry (the stop is just a couple of minutes walk from the station) and take a leisurely trip to Bristol’s Shopping Quarter, the City Centre, We The Curious, The Aquarium and of course what better way to arrive at Brunel’s SS Great Britain than by water? The Harbour offers a huge range of bars, restaurants, markets and cafes too as well as the bigger attractions.
Why not stay on board the heated covered boats for a forty minute round trip and take in the sights and sounds of the vibrant City Centre? It is a fascinating way to see the city from a completely different perspective.
Starting in spring Bristol Ferry Boats offer public trips up the Avon Gorge and under the Clifton Suspension Bridge, lovely river trips to Beeses Bar & Tea Gardens for Sunday roast, Riverside picnics and even a fascinating trip up the New Cut. Have you ever wondered what wildlife lies in the Avon Gorge? On their Gorge Wildlife cruises local naturalist Ed Drewitt will open your eyes to things you would not usually notice and his enthusiasm will be sure to keep you thoroughly entertained! See this year's dates on their website and be sure to call and book your place.
Bands at Beeses
What better way to kick start your weekend than an evening boat-trip to this legendary riverside venue. Sit back with a beer or a cheeky G&T and their lovely boat will transport you through the tranquil, leafy,waterways to Beeses. Here you can hop off the boat and soak up the beautiful surroundings whilst enjoying a delicious hog roast, quaffIing a pint of fine ale and of course the ineffable entertainment of a great live band.
The boats are also all available to hire for private trips from educational tours, corporate events, birthdays, weddings, hen dos, river cruises, vintage tea parties, bucks fizz breakfasts, transfers and of course the classic booze cruise. Just give our friendly staff a call and start planning your special event.
You may also like
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Toilets - On all covered Boats, not on open Boats
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre - Based in the historic Harbour area.
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Booking essential
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
- Ferry Boats - Heading Home Video
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsMany landing stages accessible by public transport - see website for more information Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good356
- JuneBug1939Weston-super-Mare, United KingdomGreat day out!Wednesday, 4th September 2019It had been many years since I last had a trip on the Bristol Ferry Boats. So yesterday we decided to give it another go. It was thrilling, lovely views up to Hotwells and back, and an insightful... Read full review
- richard fBristol, United Kingdomconveinient and inexpensive way to see bristol's historic dock's and waterway's and to commuteWednesday, 4th September 2019found the crew's very friendly and helpful l you can go to hotwells ss great britiain and to the pump house or too temple meads Read full review
- Steve8777Guildford, United KingdomGood fun for kidsSunday, 8th September 2019I took my daughter on the ferry and she really enjoyed it. The staff are really friendly and happy to help. Great views of Bristol from the boat. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 927 3416
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Attraction of the Year Winner 2013 2014
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Ferry runs every day except Christmas Day. Check the website for timetables.
Special boat trips on selected days only.