St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open to the public:
Monday to Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday, 12noon – 4:30pm
To ensure the safety of visitors, staff and volunteers, visitors are asked to wear masks while in the church building.
Online Daily Morning Prayer, accessible via SMR Live webpage and Facebook channel, from 8.30am – 9.00am each morning.
Midweek services, Wednesday 11.00am Holy Communion (in the Lady Chapel).
Sunday service of Holy Communion, with Children’s Church, held in church and also live-streamed via SMR Live webpage.
8.00am Holy Communion (in church)
9.30am Choral Mattins (in church and online)
10.30am Sung Eucharist with Children's Church (in church and online)
5.30pm Choral Evensong (in church and online)
|Open (1 Dec 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good260
- matthowNewport, United KingdomQuite a parish Church!Wednesday, 6th April 2022This is well worth a look. Certainly testament to the wealth that flowed through Bristol, in my towns and cities this church would qualify as a cathedral itself. Nice ladies looking after it who give... Read full review
- Dawn TBristol, United KingdomBeautiful churchSaturday, 28th May 2022Wonderful place to worship. Cafe in the crypt is good. Stained glass, architecture, tombs, etc are an interesting glimpse into Bristol’s past. Read full review
- Ian MBackworth, United KingdomAn absolute gemSunday, 29th May 2022A marvellous gothic church with an extremely interesting history. The Mary Redcliffe is just a short walk from the harbourside. Though it is old, the church has a lovely warm feeling. You are made... Read full review