St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open from 8.30am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Bank Holidays. Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good244
- WillStaffordshireStaffordshireTrip Type:CouplesGreat architecture.Sunday, 20th January 2019Well worth a visit to this church. There are some fabulous bits of architecture and history inside. We were handed a laminated A4 sheet of information which was great at pointing out the best bits Read full review
- hm7713Trip Type:Solo travelAmazing architectureSaturday, 26th January 2019Really beautiful architecture on the outside, with the inside also very impressive. (You can go inside without being involved in worship). Worth visiting if in the area. Read full review
- jimmyr2183London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGirlfriends First Visit!Sunday, 17th February 2019So the girlfriend was up from Swansea. She’d never been here before so I thought I’d show her the godliest church in all the land according to Queen Elizabeth Ist. As Swansea was the first place in... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 231 0060
|Open (1 Dec 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Services are held at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:15am and 6:30pm