St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open to the public:
Monday to Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday, 12noon – 4:30pm
To ensure the safety of visitors, staff and volunteers, visitors are asked to wear masks while in the church building.
Online Daily Morning Prayer, accessible via SMR Live webpage and Facebook channel, from 8.30am – 9.00am each morning.
Midweek services, Wednesday 11.00am Holy Communion (in the Lady Chapel).
Sunday service of Holy Communion, with Children’s Church, held in church and also live-streamed via SMR Live webpage.
8.00am Holy Communion (in church)
9.30am Choral Mattins (in church and online)
10.30am Sung Eucharist with Children's Church (in church and online)
5.30pm Choral Evensong (in church and online)
|Open (1 Dec 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good264
- O8770SWrobertbLondon, United KingdomBeautiful!Sunday, 7th May 2023Exceptional building with tremendos craftsmanship...I agree with Queen Ann. Until recently this was the tallest building in town, now the tallest building is a block of flats? Read full review
- iamfaceCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelSo beautiful churchSaturday, 20th May 2023So beautiful church and big enough. However, i dont have much time visit but walk around and look outside also impressive & enjoyable Read full review
- W1797ILjackiedMelbourne, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesHistory across the agesMonday, 7th August 2023A beautiful church lovely and worth a visit. Lots of different parts of the church and easy to navigate. Leaflet handed out helps understand different ages of the church. Read full review