St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open from 8.30am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Bank Holidays. Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good248
- fatfoodfreek179Trip Type:Friends getawaybeautiful place of worshipTuesday, 23rd July 2019surrounded by traffic it is lovely to come to such a peaceful place.There is a lovely cafe in the crypt and both well worth a visit. Read full review
- FAnsariLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCalm & Quite.Sunday, 4th August 2019Very nice Church with Cathedral type building. We were greeted by a lady and handed over guide to explore. Very relaxing atmosphere. Bookshop is available for collection of memories. Coffee shop is... Read full review
- Nadia CBologna, Emilia-Romagna, ItalyI left my heart in thereSaturday, 24th August 2019I visited the church 5 days ago. I left my heart in there: I appreciated the atmosphere, the stained glasses, the huge organ, While I was there someone was using it....it was a very touching... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 231 0060
|Open (1 Dec 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Services are held at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:15am and 6:30pm