St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open from 8.30am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Bank Holidays. Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good253
- powdiesBristol, United KingdomBeautiful churchThursday, 10th October 2019A lovely, tranquil church with a fascinating chaos machine, which I can watch for 10 minutes at at a time. Especially interesting is the piece of girder still sitting where it was speared into the... Read full review
- silvio dwonderfulFriday, 11th October 2019stunning place to spend a morning even better of you manage to get in and see when there is a service on so good Read full review
- Goneroaming1234567AmazingMonday, 14th October 2019Wonderful gothic architecture. Newly refurbished. Medieval and modern stained glass. Quiet place to reflect. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 231 0060
|Open (1 Dec 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Services are held at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:15am and 6:30pm