St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open from 8.30am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Bank Holidays. Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good246
- penguinbairnFalkirk, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelStained GlassSaturday, 15th June 2019St Mary Redcliffe is a beautiful church that just oozes character and history. The stained glass windows are amazing, but above all this is clearly a 'working church' rather than merely a... Read full review
- 70ishWorcester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayStunning exterior breathtaking interiorTuesday, 18th June 2019Visiting Bristol I had to visit this stunning 800 year old church again there is so much to see from a medieval stone font to a modern boat altar. Gothic arches and pillars superb stained glass... Read full review
- Ken CEnglewood, FloridaTrip Type:Solo travelLarge historic parish churchTuesday, 18th June 2019This red-bricked landmark between the main train station and the harbor and city center is full of history. Royal visits, noteworthy attendees, beautiful stained glass all left me in awe. Plus the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 231 0060
|Open (1 Dec 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Services are held at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:15am and 6:30pm