Westonbirt, The National Arboretum
Tel: +44 (0)300 067 4890
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, managed by Forestry England, is one of the finest collections of temperate trees and shrubs in the world.
The 600 acre arboretum is home to 3,000 different species of trees and around 15,000 individual specimens. A place of environmental and historical importance, its Victorian creator Robert Holford was fascinated by rare and beautiful plants and helped finance expeditions to collect specimens from around the world.
Westonbirt is known internationally for its spectacular autumn colour display, but offers an unforgettable day out all year round, from magnificent flowering trees in spring, to sculptural and bright-stemmed specimens in winter.
Activities throughout the year
- Events, workshops and family activities run throughout the year. Signature events include the spectacular Enchanted Christmas illuminated trail in November and December.
- There are 17 miles of paths throughout the arboretum and dozens of leafy glades with levels of accessibility to suit a range of visitors.
- There are mobility scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow (it is advisable to book these in advance), special group rates on request and retail and refreshment opportunities onsite.
- Westonbirt has a huge area, Silk Wood, for you and your dog to explore. The Old Arboretum and the Christopher Mitchell Information Centre are dog-free zones.
You may also like
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Westonbirt is open 364 days of the year for you to enjoy.
March - November: 9am - 4.30pm
December - February: 9am - 4pm
Last admission 4.30pm
To visit Westonbirt Arboretum it is essential to pre-book for the following key dates:
• Bank Holiday Weekends: Thu 2 – Sun 5 June and Sat 27 – Mon 29 Aug in 2022.
• Autumn - 01 Oct - 13 Nov
• Christmas - 24 Dec – 02 Jan inclusive.
Outside of these dates tickets can be purchased on site or pre-booked online.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Some woodland paths are not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 2.5 hours
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Please enquire for further details
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good699
- amdgriggsSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful peaceful treescapes, & stunning displays of maples, magnolias & moreSunday, 8th May 2022The infrastructure has been developed hugely since we last visited ten years or so ago - the cafes, shop, the big new welcome building, car parking, the impressive Stihl aerial walkway and the... Read full review
- MelvinNewportGwentNewport GwentLovely warm restful visit.Monday, 16th May 2022No problem pre booking as someone mentioned earlier. we enjoyed our visit as much as we did on our first visit there. Good clean toilets, the walk around is really well signposted and the trees were... Read full review
- GoodlandLizABromley, United KingdomBeautiful tranquil place to visit all year round.Friday, 20th May 2022The guided tours which currently run at 11am are worth doing. The guides are well informed and make your visit even more interesting. The stories behind some of the trees are fascinating! Read full review