Each year thousands of visitors access the Bristol Open Doors website in the first few hours after launch. Spaces book up very quickly, so make sure you get online at www.bristolopendoors.org.uk and book early!
• Throw open the doors and celebrate the past, present and future of design in Bristol!
• Exciting, one-off experiences: Explore your city through talks, hands-on workshops and expert-led tours by the people who know Bristol best. Opportunities this year to catch a boat, hop on an open-top bus or venture underground.
• New for 2019: Take a peek inside the Brabazon Hangars at Filton Airfield. Visit the birthplace of concorde, take a peek at plans for a new arena and neighbourhood for Bristol. Learn more about sustainable energy by joining a workshop at a wind farm and access The Albion Dock at SS Great Britain.
• Great feats of Engineering: This year Bristol Open Doors is working in partnership with The Royal Academy of Engineering, and 50 bright sparks from the cities best firms to explore some of the iconic landmarks of the city we love; from maritime to aerospace, civic to sound.
• Family Programme: The Bristol Open Doors family strand of the programme is back this year with everything from eco-workshops to circus skills, re-enactments, puppet-making, wild-sound installations, herb identification trails, Victorian film-making workshops and a steam train!
• In our community: As part of the #homesforheroes100 project, Bristol Open Doors joins other organisations across the city to celebrate the centenary of the birth of council housing estates. Working with residents from Knowle West, Hillfields and Sea Mills, we are uncovering the history of Bristol and developing guided tours of these important estates with the people who know them best.
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0)117 922 1540
Sorry, this event has passed